Wednesday 24 October 2012

A little note

When I wasn't able to make it to a friend's wedding I decided I wanted to make a card for the couple.  I had been really pleased with my previous attempt at making my own stencils and this seemed a good opportunity to have another go.

I knew that I wanted to keep the overall design of the card simple.  The idea was to create a personal card rather than anything particularly flashy.  The image actually started as a quick doodle of two hearts on a post-it note!  Making my own stencil meant I could personalise the design, which I did by adding the couple's initials.

I made the stencil from paper rather than card (unlike my previous attempts).  On the plus side, this meant that the image was easier to cut out, which was helpful given that it was a bit fiddly.  On the down side, it didn't produce the sharpest image and there are a few little smudges where the paint seeped through in places it should not have.

Perfect it is not, but it is personal.  It was the personal touch that was important to me when I planned this card; that objective having been meant, I really don't think I can complain!

No comments:

Post a Comment