Sunday 27 July 2014

Personalised wedding print


For a recent wedding I decided to try to make something to personalise the photo frame we were giving the couple as a wedding present.  The idea was a silhouette of a couple running with the couple's name and the date of the wedding.  The design is based on the idea of the personalised wedding prints you can buy at notonthehighstreet.com; however, I wanted a homemade touch and thought I would give it a go myself.

Slight problem: drawing people is not my forte!  Despite that, I surprised myself with the final stencilled silhouette.  Initially I had the couple facing away from the viewer (the first two sketches) - running off into the distance as it were!  However, I decided that it looked better to have them running towards the viewer (running towards their future perhaps?).

From initial doodles to final design
Doing the initial sketches, I did start to despair and consider whether to come up with something else.  However, this was never going to be a detailed picture.  What was important was to try to get an elegant, simple stencil design and I was pleased with the final stencil.


The final stencil
The wedding was beautiful, the couple very happy and it was a fabulous day.  As for our wedding present, the lettering of the final picture could be a bit straighter perhaps (ever the perfectionist!) but I am really pleased with this, and I hope the couple like it too.



wedding present
The finished picture

No comments:

Post a Comment