Sunday 30 September 2012

Between the pages


At a craft fair this summer I saw old hardback books being used to hold business cards.  I loved the idea, so thought I would try it out for myself.

These are incredibly easy to make and I think they look really effective holding a couple of postcards.  All you need is an old hardback book (which you can pick up very cheaply from a charity shop), something to decorate the covers and a little bit of time.  Do think about the quality of the book you are buying - the ends will be on display so have a look at these e.g. is there any discolouration.  Also, think about the colour of the hardback cover, as this will be seen on the edges.

Fold each page in half (a good job to be done in front of the TV).  Then choose your decoration for the insides of the covers.  I went with some pretty Cath Kidston writing paper, but you could use recycled wrapping paper, stickers, or even fabric.

I think these are a great make - simple and relatively quick - and they have a certain charm without being too homespun or twee.  They may become my go-to craft for birthday presents - you have been warned!

No comments:

Post a Comment